Witton le Wear Parish Council
Parish Clerk Vacancy
Local Government LC1 SCP 11 (Currently £11.50 per hour – 17.5 hours per month plus expenses incurred on behalf of the Parish Council)
Witton-le-Wear Parish Council is looking for a self-motivated person with good organisational skills and experience in financial accounting/budgeting to fill the role of Clerk to the Parish Council and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
The Council is a small council with 8 elected Councillors and approximately 550 Electors.
This is a part-time opportunity to work with, and support, the local Council at Witton-le-Wear with the flexibility to work from home.
The Parish Clerk will support the Council with a focus on preparing for and attending the regular Council meetings, providing guidance to the Council at these meetings and following up on matters arising. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as an advisor to the Council and ensuring that the Parish Council follows sound governance practices
- Preparation of agenda and minute taking at meetings
- Following up on agenda items and actions from meetings
- Management of accounts, including maintaining financial records, banking reconciliation, HMRC Payroll, VAT returns and preparation of budgets for the Council
- Preparation of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return
- Management of the Parish Council website and Social Media platforms and their ongoing administration.
Essential criteria for the post include the following:
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in preparing agendas and minutes of meetings
- Experience in financial accounting/budgeting
- Experience in the use of IT including email, word processing, spreadsheets and internet.
Desirable criteria for the post include the following:
- Previous experience as a Parish Clerk
- Hold or willing to obtain the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) Qualification.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you please email your CV and a covering letter setting out your suitability for the job to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 6th June 2022.
with interviews to be held week commencing 13th June 2022.
For a copy of the job description and an informal discussion about the post, please contact Philip on 07884 452 710 or on the e-mail address above.
Please find above a link to the latest edition of the Weardale Action Partnership e-bulletin.